Safe Shower's mission is to install the unique shower head in public showers
located in hospitals, hotels, retirement homes, etc.
to reduce the number of outbreaks of Legionnaires' disease worldwide.
Legionnaires' disease is a hospital aquired disease!
· Legionella is a parasite Bacteria, disinfecting the water system does not prevent legionella in the shower head.
· One case of legionella is very severe, it can lead to an outbreak!
· An estimated 10,000 to 25,000 cases of Legionnaires disease occurr in the United States each year.
· Outbreaks are commonly associated with buildings or structures that have complex water systems; like hotels and resorts, long-term care facilities and hospitals.
· Epidemiological studies indicate that Shower head is an ideal environment for Legionella.
· Low levels of chlorine, accumulation of scale and organic material in the shower head create an ideal environment for Legionella.
· When air mixes with water, aerosoles are created. Legionella is transmitted via inhalation of water droplets from a contaminated source.
Main ways to cope with Legionella today in shower heads:
· Washing water pipes with high levels of chlorine – very expensive.
· Dismantling the shower heads and soaking them in chlorine solution or boiling – inefficient; Legionella will return right away after reassembly.
· Covering the shower head with a nylon bag that contains chlorine – this solution requires a lot of manpower and time.
· Normal filters in shower heads can't work when the water stops!
Safe shower- Defeat Legionella
· Continuous disinfection in the shower, when water stops.
· Hospitals and Hotels are required to perform an annual or semi-annual examination to detect Legionella in the bathing water. In half of the tests, the bacteria are detected at a concentration higher than the permissible. When Legionella is detected the institution is committed to perform an expensive disinfection process which requires many man-hours.
· Small sized disinfection unit (such as chlorine pill) operates only when water stops.
· Air is prevented from entering the shower head by the use of Mini silicon valves which minimize exposure to aerosols that transmit the Legionella.
· Air is prevented from entering the shower head by the use of Mini silicon valves which minimize chlorine oxidization, thus preventing the formation of scale and organic sediments.
All the existing solutions such as Washing water pipes with high levels of chlorine are solutions that do not work continuously! And don’t last!
· Safe shower is the only solution that works all the time. 24/7 Protection.
· When we want to Defeat Legionella we must continuously disinfect the shower head.
· We designed product for marketing.
· The chlorine & PH test results show that Legionella and other bacteria will not survive.
The patent claims are very wide, I got the patent for the principal that safe shower disinfects the water when the flow stops.
• Patent number 249680 status approved, priority date 21/12/2016 in ISRAEL
• PCT number PCT/IL2017/051279
Some companies and hospitals are already interested in buying and using the safe shower head.