Safe Shower's mission is to install the unique shower head in public showers
located in hospitals, hotels, retirement homes, etc.
to reduce the number of outbreaks of Legionnaires' disease worldwide.
Legionnaires' disease is a hospital aquired disease!
The evidence available today provides a reasonable possibility for Legionella's existence in private water systems as well.
· Hospitals and Hotels are required to perform an examination to detect Legionella in the bathing water. If the bacteria is detected at a concentration higher than the permissible the institution is committed to perform an expensive disinfection process .
This patent will save a great deal on hotel or hospital costs:
Save the maintenance personnel time.
Save a number of repetitive samples due to less Legionella-positive lab results.
Save on lawsuits for avoiding accidental Legionella and savings in preventive actions like disinfecting the water system in cases of Legionella positive results. But most importantly, it will save lives.
· Legionella is a parasite Bacteria, disinfecting the water system does not prevent legionella in the end point- shower head.
· One lab results of legionella is very severe, it can lead to an outbreak!
· An estimated 10,000 to 25,000 cases of Legionnaires disease occur in the United States each year.
· Outbreaks are commonly associated with buildings or structures that have complex water systems; like hotels and resorts, long-term care facilities and hospitals.
· Epidemiological studies indicate that Shower head is an ideal environment for Legionella.
· Low levels of chlorine, accumulation of scale and organic material in the shower head create an ideal environment for Legionella.
· When air mixes with water, aerosoles are created. Legionella is transmitted via inhalation of water droplets from a contaminated source.
All the existing solutions such as filters or Washing water pipes with high levels of chlorine are solutions that do not work continuously! And don’t last!
A number of hospitals and a number of hotels have expressed willingness to purchase the product after regulatory approval.
Main ways to cope with Legionella today in shower heads:
· Filters in shower heads: the good ones require expensive maintenance, and with high purchase costs, and a decrease in water flow .
The cheap filters are a good ground for Legionella growing and risk increasing.
· Washing water pipes with high levels of chlorine – very expensive.
· Dismantling the shower heads and soaking them in chlorine solution or boiling– inefficient; Legionella will return right away after reassembly.
· Covering the shower head with a nylon bag that contains chlorine – this solution requires a lot of manpower and time.
Safe shower- Defeat Legionella
· Continuous disinfection in the shower, when water stops.
· Small sized disinfection unit such as UVC LED operates also when water stops.
Air is prevented from entering the shower head by the use of Mini silicon valves which minimize exposure to aerosols that transmit the Legionella, minimize chlorine oxidization, and minimize formation of scale and organic sediments. The silicon valves like all backflow prevention device reduce downstream water pressure, saving an average of 10% of water consumption.
· When we want to Defeat Legionella we must continuously disinfect the shower head.
· We currently have a working chlorine based prototype and we are now developing a UVC LED based product with a tiny 30mm disinfection unit. We will be happy to cooperate in the further development and start of production.
· The chlorine & PH test results show that Legionella and other bacteria will not survive.
The patent claims are very wide, I got the patent for the principal that safe shower disinfects the water when the flow stops.
Patent number WO2018116291
A positive examination report was received by the PCT, Patent number in Israel 249680 status approved, priority date 21/12/2016.